Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Second Life

Dear Parents,

This quarter we will be using Second Life in our chemistry classroom. You may have heard some negative things about virtual worlds and Second Life in particular. I’m afraid that many of them are true. However, we will be utilizing islands created by the likes of NASA. All of the worlds that I will be having your children visit will be kid friendly. The reason that we will be utilizing this technology is that it will allow us to participate in laboratory activities that we would not otherwise be able to. It might be that we will be performing an experiment that uses equipment that we do not have or chemicals that might be considered hazardous. We would never be able to do these experiments in our classroom. By utilizing Second Life your students will have expanded educational opportunities.

Mr. Kay

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for explaining how you will be using Second Life, your explanation helps a lot. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete